Sunday, May 20, 2007

Smoke on the water


Fire in my dumpster!

I was awake bright and early yesterday (7 pm) and heard noises that sounded like gravel hitting the window. Since we've been having a bit of a problem with basketballs bouncing off the window, I kind of looked outside, but didn't see anything going on. A little bit later, I looked outside to check the window and thought there were some mighty serious clouds outside - until I realized there were flames attached to the "clouds". Apparently, the noise I heard was firecrackers and somebody was so environmentally conscious they recycled them, which set the cardboard recycling container on fire, which set the commingled bin on fire, which set the regular dumpster on fire and burned down a bunch of the fence around the dumpsters. There were a lot of luckilys involved...luckily the fire didn't get a few feet further down the dumpster corral or it would have gotten to the shed where the tractor and the lawn mower and the gas are stored. Luckily there was virtually no wind so it didn't jump the corral and get the cars (ours weren't parked there, but there were plenty enough to make for a big boom). Also, I got to meet a bunch of my neighbors.

On a knitting related note, I finished the center part of Ingrid's Bridal Knot! Expect pictures soon (maybe even later today depending on when I get up)

No comments: