Thursday, February 22, 2007

I've been feeling pretty inspired lately

I found a great pattern for making your own petticoat that actually looks more like a hippie skirt. I absolutely love it and want to make a whole bunch to wear to work once it gets warm out. They are so cute and I can use up a bunch of fabric that's just sitting in the spare bedroom. Unfortunately, I don't have any tops that would look cute with that style of skirts, so I think it's time to jump into the world of designing my own patterns. I figure the worst that happens is I end up not liking it and I'm out the yarn - not the biggest deal in the world.

I have to go and get new needles. I may be taking a bit of a break from the shawl, but the obsession with tiny needles continues....time to pick up 40" circulars in sizes 0 and 1.

Ingrid's Bridal Knot Shawl update:
Almost half way through the center portion. I will have completed half of the knotwork section in a month, putting me two weeks ahead of my self-imposed schedule! Hooray for permission to slack (or continue at a really good pace and finish before June)

No comments: